The Knock-Off Party is the last Thursday of every month. Here’s what you need to know to participate:
- Your knock-off can be inspired by any home decor catalog, such as Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs, Restoration Hardware, West Elm, Crate and Barrel, Anthropologie, etc.
- your knock-off entry must be made by you
- you must include a picture of the original item from the catalog so we can compare
- it must be a specific comparable item, like my lamp shade
- I don’t want something totally unique that you made that you think has "the look”; that’s awesome, but it’s doesn’t fit this party.
- Items which have "the look", but were purchased at a different store/for less money and required no alterations from you also do not fit the party
- you must link back to me in your post, preferably using my button code, which you can get in my right side column
- it’s perfectly fine to knock-off something that they don’t sell anymore, or something that you see styled in the catalog or store but isn’t actually for sale. But, in either case, I would like you to have a photo of the original item, either scanned in from an old catalog, or a photo you took in the store.
- it’s okay to use an old post that fits the party guidelines, just edit your post to add my link.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!