Black Bean Vegetable
Submitted by: DeeDee
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, 1 can of the beans, corn, and pepper; bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree together tomatoes and remaining can of beans; add to pot. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- used 1 carrot, shredded
- used 2-3 cloves garlic
- used beef broth instead of vegetable
- did not add corn
- used diced tomatoes (didn't have stewed)
- added a few dashes chipotle Tabasco
- added about 4oz tomato sauce I had in fridge
Handsome 7.8(he insists on the .8)
Surprisingly well-received by all!