Yesterday I hit the Target clearance again...score! For years I have been walking the perimeter of the aisles, scouting the clearance endcaps, and I've found some great bargains. But yesterday was quite possibly my biggest and best one-day haul.
- On the top left, two valances. They had no tag, but similar items sell for between $15 and $20; I paid $3.74 each. More about those later.
- Top middle, three shower curtains. Originally $19.49 for $4.87 each. There's a story about these, too.
- Top right, 400 thread count cotton sheet set, originally $64.99 for $16.24.
- Bottom left, two 84" denim panels, for one of the boys' rooms, originally $19.99, $4.98 each.
- Bottom middle, pack of three dishcloths, originally $5.99 for $1.48. Several of my dishcloths are a decade old--nasty! So these will replace them.
- Bottom right, eight placemats, originally $3.99 each, for $.98 each. Craig had complained about our ugly placemats, which you can catch a glimpse of on some of my Souper Saturday posts.
- The ceramic lotion/soap pumps and cup were marked as originally $1.10 each, and I got them for $.27 each. Should've got more.
The above valance (I got two) will be involved in an update on my living room makeover. Check back on Monday for that!
And now the shower curtain story. I know you're dying to hear it!
A couple of weeks ago I bought three of these, on clearance for about $9 each. I just liked the fabric and thought I might be able use them to make curtain panels for my bedroom. Turns out I didn't like them for that, and I ended up returning them. Then yesterday on Melissa's bathroom makeover, she had the shower curtain, it looked so good, and she got it for $4.87. I wanted mine back! Searched the Target website, and it's out of stock online and at every Target within a 20 mile radius except one!
That's where I headed, and got the last three of the shower curtains for half of what I paid the first time. Sometimes it pays to be indecisive! I'm planning to try something a little different with at least one, and the others, well, I don't know. If I don't use them, I might ebay them, or maybe even a future giveaway!
So I've got a couple of projects with my finds coming up next week. I hope you'll come back to see what I'm going to cook up!