Yesterday I was excited to receive this in the mail: I won this pretty album in a giveaway hosted by Christina and Victoria at as time goes by. Thank you ladies! They have a really pretty blog, and are accomplished thrifters.
A couple of days ago, I was given this award by Mrs. Petrie of Casa Petrie. She has a really cool blog design, an adorable daughter, and has done a fantastic job of decorating her home. Thanks, Mrs. Petrie!
A condition of accepting the award is to list and explain seven things you love and pass the award on to seven bloggers.
I am notoriously bad at making statements of commitment, such as “I love…” (unless it’s really not a big deal, like “I love chocolate cake”), but I’ll give it a go, in no particular order.
1. I love chocolate cake. Obviously.
2. I love my family. Craig is awesome and would do anything for me, and my kids are pretty great too.
3. I love sunshine, 78 degrees, and no humidity. For the record, this week has been sunny, 98 degrees, and like 75% humidity.
4. I love going to the beach at Lake Michigan. I almost never get in the water, but love just to sit under the beach umbrella.
5. I love solitude and silence.
6. I love to read a good book, but don’t get to as much as I’d like to.
7. I love pedicures (see this post).
And now, passing this on to seven blogs. Some are newer to me, some are not, and several have probably already received this award.
4. Lucy’s Life