Have you become acquainted with Groupon yet? When you sign up with Groupon, you will get one email a day offering you the opportunity to snag an awesome deal. Each day’s deal is different, and it’s specific to your metropolitan area.
I’ve been getting the emails for about a month now. When I signed up, I received a coupon code for $10 off my first deal. A few days before it expired, the deal was a year’s subscription to Midwest Living for $5. Since I needed to use the coupon, I snagged a free magazine subscription.
Recently the deal was for $50 worth of merchandise at a certain store for $25 (I can’t be specific, because I’m giving it as a gift). I still had $5 left on the coupon, so I got a $50 certificate, but paid only $20.
Other recent deals have included
- $25 for $50 worth of merchandise at The Gap
- $12 for $30 worth of stuff at Once Upon a Child
- $20 for 5 tickets to a popular area children’s museum ($44 value)
- $10 for $25 worth at a well-liked local restaurant
Pretty good deals! You won’t be interested in every offer, but it’s always up to you whether you purchase or not. If not, just delete the day’s email and you won’t hear about it again. If you like it, click on the “buy” button, and it will take you to the website, where you will follow instructions for payment and redeeming the deal. There will also be the option of buying it as a gift for someone else.
You will also receive a unique referral link to share with friends. If they join Groupon within 72 hours of clicking your link, you will get $10 in Groupon bucks when they make their first purchase. I don’t want to come off as a mooch, but if you choose to sign up, here’s my link, just in case :) http://www.groupon.com/r/uu8647597 (Then you can share your link with your blog readers!)
Now it’s your turn. Party rules:
- share a money-saving tip that will help others
- you must link back to me in your post, preferably using my button code, which you can get in my right side column
- link to your specific party post, and not your general home page
- please be polite and visit several other participants and leave a nice comment
- I will delete entries that don’t link back to me or do not fit the party theme; I’m not mean, I just gotta follow the rules
Linky will close Monday Nov. 8 at 11:59 pm central.