Still time to enter the Make 5 Dinners in One Hour giveaway!
After last month’s knock-off party, I received an email from a reader who does not have a blog, but had a knock-off she wanted to show me. I asked if I could feature it this month, and she agreed. Prepare to be impressed!
Cindy recreated PB's Bucket and Branch Advent Calendar, which sells for $299. (Really?)
And here’s Cindy’s knock-off.
Cindy’s cost breakdown:#1. Sticks (from the backyard!) free
#2. Twine (from the garage!) free
#3. Little pots, 3 per pkg for the Dollar Store, originally white,I sprayed painted them Oil Rubbed Bronze $1x9 pkgs total $9.00
#4 1 can of Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint, $5.45
#5 Can fillers: Candy Canes box of 60 $1.99, Greenery(picked apart) from Michaels, $1.99, Red Berries(picked apart)$1.99 from Michaels, wrapped boxes with lunch bags and red yarn to tie (already own) free!
That makes her total just over $20! Wowza!
Seriously, can you even tell the difference between the two? Not much!
I’m eager to see what awesomeness the rest of you have for me!
- your knock-off entry must be made by you
- it must inspired by Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs, or Restoration Hardware
- you must include a picture of the original item from the catalog so we can compare
- it must be a specific comparable item, like my lamp shade, and not just a “this kind of has the PB look to it”
- you must link back to me in your post, preferably using my button code, which you can get in my right side column
- link to your specific party post, and not your general home page
- please be polite and visit several other participants and leave a nice comment