Did you roast your pumpkin seeds? With all the sweets we’ve had in the last few days, I did the first batch with just olive oil and sea salt, but I have a couple pumpkins left and the next batch will be these tasty treats:
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Spread the seeds on a large baking sheet and roast them at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, or until completely dry and lightly browned.
2. In large bowl, stir together the pumpkin pie spice, salt, and 2 tsp of the sugar; set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the seeds and remaining 4 tsp sugar to the skillet, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until sugar melts, about 45 seconds.
5. Scrape seeds into pumpkin pie spice mixture and stir to coat.
6. Allow to cool and store in airtight container.
Here are a few more pumpkin seed recipes that sound like they’re worth trying: