I was tagged by my new friend Cheryl of LDS Mom to Many for this 4x4 meme. I haven’t done one of these in a while, and I always think it’s fun to learn a little bit more about a blogger, so I’m playing along.
1. Four Places I Go
- Walmart…way, way too often.
- The library: I love books, I love to read, and I love free!
- Thrift stores, not nearly as much as I used to, but I still enjoy it from time to time.
2. Four Of My Favorite Smells
- Goodies baking: cookies, cake, apple crisp…yum!
- The smell of my grandma’s house. That house was torn down a decade ago, but occasionally I will come across the scent and it always brings back memories.
- Lily of the valley (the real thing, not a lotion or something). It reminds me of my mom.
- Tide Original (powder, not liquid)
3. Four Favorite Shows/Movies
- When Harry Met Sally
- Emma (w/ Gwyneth Paltrow, but I don’t think I’ve seen any other version)
- Designed to Sell (w/ Lisa or Monica)
- Antiques Roadshow. First of all, the items are so interesting. Second, it’s great when somebody brings in some little tchotchky and finds out it’s worth $100k. Third, the reactions are often funny; someone will go nuts over their $1000 item, and somebody else will be so blasé about that $100k item. (This Geico commercial makes me laugh—her reaction is perfect!)
4. Four Recomendations
- Take a nap once in a while.
- Always check for random out-of-place hair growth, especially once you hit your late thirties (gross, but true!)
- Teach your kids to do some age-appropriate chores, which means the older they get, the more they can do. My ultimate goal is to never have to do the dishes after supper!
- Occasionally read a book just for the fun of it, not for parenting or self-help advice.
I’m tagging the following four bloggers; I hope they’ll play along!
Julie at Creating This Life
Shannon at The House Creative
Wendy at Ramblings from the Sunshine State
Libby at Life with the Mondellos