Don’t forget that my next Knock-Off party is this Thursday, May 26. I’ve also changed the rules…starting this month, you can link up with your knock-off of any home décor catalog.
I’d also like to mention a little bit about party etiquette. It has become very popular for bloggers to just put a “here’s where I party” link in their post. I’d like to point out that this is not ideal for the hostess or the other participants of the party. Most people probably will not click over at all, and if they do, they may not know which party this particular post is linked to. That means that they cannot click over to the hostess’ blog and see the other entries. That means less traffic for the hostess, for the other participants, and ultimately for you (if everyone uses that method). Your link will stay in my post forever (in blog terms) so you could potentially get traffic from my party post for a long time. Please be considerate and return the favor. It’s awesome if you use my button, but it’s okay if you just put a text link in the post. If you like, just copy and paste the following:
Partying at Homebody
Can’t wait to see your knock-offs!
Full party rules:
- Your knock-off can be inspired by any home decor catalog, such as Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs, Restoration Hardware, West Elm, Crate and Barrel, Anthropologie, etc.
- your knock-off entry must be made by you
- you must include a picture of the original item from the catalog so we can compare
- it’s perfectly fine to knock-off something that they don’t sell anymore, or something that you see styled in the catalog or store but isn’t actually for sale. But, in either case, I would like you to have a photo of the original item, either scanned in from an old catalog, or a photo you took in the store.
- it must be a specific comparable item, like my lamp shade
- I don’t want something totally unique that you made that you think has "the look”; that’s awesome, but it’s doesn’t fit this party.
- Items which have "the look", but were purchased at a different store for less money and required no alterations from you also do not fit the party
- you must link back to me in your post, preferably using my button code, which you can get in my right side column
- it’s okay to use an old post that fits the party guidelines, just edit your post to add my link.