Have you ever been sucked in by a “forward this” or other questionable email? We probably all have been at one time or another. Do any of these sound familiar?
- money will be donated toward the care of a sick child every time this message is forwarded
- wealthy foreigner needs to move his accounts and he’ll give you a percentage if you’ll help him by giving him your bank account number
- religious leaders plead for action; atheists are attempting to get religious broadcasting banned
Most of them are fairly harmless; the only real damage done is cluttering up somebody else’s inbox. But some could have more unfortunate consequences.
So before you forward that message to your entire address book, verify the information. Use a website like www.Snopes.com or www.TruthorFiction.com to search the information. Occasionally there is some truth to the message, but most often it’s an urban legend kind of thing and you can save yourself from passing on false information.
Got any favorite products, gadgets, recipes, shortcuts, or other tips? Link them up here!
- share a tip that makes your life easier
- please link back to me in your post
- link to your specific party post, and not your general home page
- please be polite and visit several other participants and leave a nice comment
- I reserve the right to delete entries that don’t link back to me or do not fit the party theme
Linky will close at 11:59 pm central Tuesday.